Friday, August 15, 2008

A Look I'm SICK Of

I am tired of the Rayban Wayfarer. Admittedly this may because I lost mine last week and am jealous as an ex-member of the Wayfarer club. However I think it's more than that. When debating whether to repurchase the aforementioned sunnies I began to mull over a few thoughts.



1.Popping a pair of these sunglasses onto a simple outfit used to denote coolness now similar to skinny jeans everyone and their mother has them so their mystic has been lost.




2.In April I saw a 50 year old man rocking the sunglasses. While I do go to school in NYC, when a 50 year old man starts to rock something it is no longer edgy and cool.



3. The Jonas Brothers a bubble gum pop boy band have been spotted wearing the Wayfarers at almost event they attend. I know this because my little sister is a devoted fan.
So.... Old men and teen pop stars have been spotted wearing the look. It might be time to move on. My new favorite artsy black glasses are a heart pair similar to what Nicole Richie has been seen wearing.























I am sure circular frames are on the horizon as the Olsen's are fans. As the famous twins go so does the rest of the fashion industry...does boho ring a bell?
Although I missed out on the infamous Chanel pair I am looking forward to buying similar glasses by Miu Miu this season.
So what do you think are the Wayfarers old news? And if so what is in contention for new edgy sunnies?

2 comments:

Courtney said...

2.In April I saw a 50 year old man rocking the sunglasses. While I do go to school in NYC, when a 50 year old man starts to rock something it is no longer edgy and cool.


50 year old men were wearing ray bans long before even the hippest of hipster 'started' the trend over a year ago.

Fashion Fixes Nudity said...

True True but as the saying goes if you wore something the 1st time they were in style you prob should avoid wearing it again. I won't be investing in a new pair.