Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Studs Studs Everywhere



















I am generally not a shoe person even though"shoes are the new handbags". I'd rather spend my money on a designer pair of sunglasses and rock Payless then splurge on Loubs. But every once and while a pair of shoes catches my eyes, last season it was the Burberry studded sandals. I couldn't past a newsstand stand or look at an editorial without being reminded that I lacked the requisite grand to obtain the object of my lust. By the next season they had trickled down to the high street and i was able to find a pair for $15. (At this dingy store off of 34th St for all you New Yorkers. I also found an amazing pair of gladiators for $5 which inspired a man to come up to me and offer to give me a massage after telling me about his fetish for feet. But that's another story.)


















Hardly the Burberry sandals but close enough to satisfy my penchant. This season I noticed the designers have decided to put the stud trend on over drive.



This Gucci shoe is a gaudy way of interpreting the trend. It removes all of the punk infused elements of the Burberry sandal and makes them overly glam. Maybe the shoe isn't ugly but it surely isn't right for my my style. It surprises me that Gucci would come out with this sandal since they are leaning away from their traditional glamazon image and toward a more boho chich one.




On the other hand I love Christian Louboutin's take on the trend. While the gold is a bit much for me, the black version of the sandal is def worth eat beans and rice for a month for. Although the shoe is def more glamorous than the Burberry the spikes keep the shoe edgy. Plus I love the dominatrix influence as I have been know to play that role every once and awhile:)

Which take on the trend do you prefer? Am I totally off about the Gucci pair?

2 comments:

Ebony said...

Those sandals are HOT. Well done on the bargin!!

Fashion Fixes Nudity said...

thanks :)