Saturday, January 27, 2007

If I See Another Ugg


So I live in New York and I'm from Chicago. It gets cold here. I know, but that never gives anyone the excuse to wear the monstrosity posing as a winter insulator know as the Ugg boot.
Don't let the hot model distract you from the foulness of the boots.












And yes a few style stars ie Sienna, Kate, SJP ect. were snapped in them but that was years ago. They've moved on... so should you. In fact the trend is so old I could only find this cruddy star pic.
But you say "nobody in New York especially not trendy students would wear them." But you're wrong that's all they wear.
Here are a few alternatives. My goal to save one Ugg wearer at a time!!
This is what I wear during the winter.















Warm, casual, and chic. Plus I haven't seen anyone else wearing them.


If they're are a bit too boho for you try these.


I want these Miss Sixty boots but feel they are to dressy for my everyday look. And too expensive to merit a splurge for the weekend only. Or these.


White always adds a nice pop during the winter. The no white after rule is for the 50+ set.











These are cute although not the warmest. Add thick socks to make them work on cold days. You can make your rainboots winter worthy too with thick socks.


This pair embodies one of this seasons major trends. I have a pink pair w/pink flowers but couldn't find a picture as I purchased them last year.I've always wanted these Frye boots. I should buy the boots b/c they're on sale at Urban but nothing can beat the banged up cowboy boots I found at a thrift shop for $1.50.









Moral: Friends don't let friends wear Uggs when there are so many options out there. Save an Ugg wearer today!!! For the sake of disclosure I may be biased. The 1st time I saw Uggs they were paired w/a mini skirt and that vision is sered in my mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The boots you suggested as an alternative are hideous. A few are even worse than UGGs, and I don't even like UGGs. I think i read that you're a college student? well, your language is not that great. and if people want to wear UGGs who cares? let them. yes, they are unoriginal but maybe thats just their style.