Wednesday, January 31, 2007

SAG Awards

A couple of days late but still relevant. People I loved. My top 5 and worst dressed of the evening.
1. Rachel McAdams

Ok so the dress may have been a little to mini for the SAG awards but, it wasn't the Oscars or even the Golden Globes and her hair is so adorable.
2. Ellen Pompeo in Lanvin.
I usually hate what she wears but she hit the nail on the head with this number. The Grecian gown accented by the earthy neckline elegant and unique.
3. Katherine Heigl

This actress looks like a 1950's screen goddess and does well when she plays up to that in traditional empire waste dresses. The color and accented shoulder strap make a potentially boring dress fab.
4. Rinko Kikuchi in Chanel.
She is incorporating the distinct creativity of Asian street style without going Bai Ling on us. I love how she is able to make funky high fashion instead of trashy.
5. Mary-Louise Parker in J. Mendel

Once again quirky high fashion.

Worst. Felicity Huffman

Boo.I know she doesn't have a stylist and her studio sends her clothes but, this is an outfit for grocery shopping....not for the red carpet of an awards show. Additionally the bell shape makes her look fat. Yes I have worn a trapeze dress and no I'm not a size 0 but I'm not on the red carpet preparing to have my image broadcast to millions. If you're not going to dress right for yourself do it for the children...prevent eye trauma.

No comments: