Sunday, February 11, 2007

I Heart Vintage!!!

So, I haven't been posting much as of late because of the lack of inspiring clothes in the high street stores. Cute, but how many times have we seen that dress? And the poor quality and banality of the Target GO lines are so discouraging that I'm going to avoid the dissapointment I expereinced after seeing Luella et al and avoid Proenza.
Everything has started to seen redundant, the pieces in moderately boutiques like Big Drop and Intermix don't seem worth it, and there is no way I could afford any designer pieces. I had to do "research" for an article about shopping for vintage which was basically an excuse for me to go shopping. I planned on going to thirteen shops in one day and ended up spending my entire Saturday in one shop. I was drawn to the 70's rack. I wish it was because of my unique style but, it's more likely that I loved the rack b/c of what designers have been showing as of late. I found this great 1983 vintage Gucci. This bag is great because it's a unique status piece. I've been thinking about getting a designer bag but didn't really want to buy something that everyone has. I'm not going to find a million people walking around w/Chinatown knockoffs like the LV and modern Gucci.
I wish I had a digital camera to take pictures of the rest. I'm going to try to borrow a friends tomorrow. I purchased a circa 70's yellow sundress with macrome detailing that I'm wearing today w/a tee. I also got a yellow and orange print, mid-calf, babydoll, shift dress. I'm trying to inject some color into my wardrobe.
Today I found a beautiful vintage mink stole. The shop owner gave my a discount on the stole and a free shirt b/c of the article.
I would make the dress younger with several strands of pearls and a black minidress. For day to day wear once it gets warmer I'll pair it w/flats, destroyed, dark wash, or skinny jeans, and a tee. I also got a geometric print vintage wrap dress, and dress w/macrame detailing.
And yes it's real. If PETA throws red paint on me to symbolize blood, someone is going to bleed for real.

No comments: