Sunday, February 18, 2007

Target

Although I promised myself that I wouldn't buy anything from the PS for Target line, I found myself on a train to Target in the Bronx yesterday. As expected, I didn't buy anything from the PS line, but I found some cute shoes.
Usually I don't like wedge sandals. They always seem to cutesy for my style, like the ones above.These will work in the spring with thick socks or in the summer. In the store, I felt like I'd seen similar shoes in a magazine but couldn't remember where. Now I'm pretty sure Gemma Ward wore something similar in a Prada ad.


I also purchased black ballet flats. I was unsure about buying such basic shoes. A lack of basics usually pushes me to put together unusual combinations that work somehow. I decided to get the flats and use them sparingly to accentuate my print dresses. Non-basics weren't quite working with them. Imagine a plaid trapeze dress with cowboy boots.

2 comments:

A said...

Those wedges that you say you have seen before in a magazine are kork-ease wedges, the ones you have there are just imitation ones.

Fashion Fixes Nudity said...

Thanks for the brand tip, but I know they're not the "real" shoes. I expect that at Target.