Sunday, February 18, 2007

Waiting for Sales














I like to play "chicken" with retailers. In other words, I pass up full priced items in hopes, they will go on sale. Usually I win and get a great deal because my style is odd and I go for the things most people won't buy. This Urban sweater cost almost $200 full priced. It was marked down to around $100. I still thought it was too expensive, and decided to wait for a further reduction. When I returned to the store in a few weeks, it was gone. I decided I had to have the sweater, after seeing an employee wearing it but,the color selection on ebay was disappointing.



















The black and white brings out the print, while the black and blue diminishes the print and the gray and yellow distracts from it with an ugly color combination. Yesterday, I found a similar sweater for $15.oo. I wish that I had purchased the sweater from Urban when it cost $100. Although both sweaters look exactly the same, the quality of the piece from urban is markedly better.



I'm thinking about buying these shoes full price. I waited for similar shoes to go on sale and now I can't find them anywhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh get those shoes...there too cool to pass up!