Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Where Have all the Style Stars Gone?


Celebrity Outfits are my favorite feature of Fashion Week. I was waiting patiently to see what the famed Mischa Barton would cook up this year, as last year her multiple outfit changes earned her a article in the NY Times. I don't know if all the rehab has gotten to the stars or if the pictures are being tightly controlled to force people to buy tabloids instead of accessing blogs for free. Regardless, I wasn't inspired by any of the clebs outfits during FW and ditto for the Oscars. 3 celebs stuck out from the sea of blah in my mind.


Hilary looks great in this dress. The length and cut prevented the sparkles from seeming too 80's prom. Ignore the scribble from PerezHilton.com the dress is cute. The detailing is impeccable on the Cavalli gown.
Pussy Cat Dolls: I love the interpretation of the Grecian gown that the lead singer (three from right) is wearing. The Grecian look has been worn by too many people as of late, but the colors add a nice twist. The strings ruin the gown on the far left by making it look trashy. I would have preferred to see the strings removed and cloth extending across the entire chest.


Mandy you're not at a picnic, so please don't dress like it. Floral print is tricky to pull of at a formal event and Ms. Moore failed.


Jennifer Hudson: You are beautiful and I applaud what you're doing for black women and heavy-set women everywhere but; this is the same dress you wore to the SAG and Golden Globes in a different color. Please switch it up. I'm bored and soon people are going to get over the novelty of a curvy woman being able to pick out a well tailored dress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think what I disliked about Nelly Furtado's look was her hair--she looks great with straight hair and adding the curls just made the tendrils at the bottom of her dress seem like an extension of her frizz.

Fashion Fixes Nudity said...

I agree I love dress but I think simpler accessories and hair would have accentuated it a little better.